Participation Locations – For Thursday, March 30, 2017 –
450 W 15 Street
Between 9 Avenue & High Line
A, C or E Train to 14 Street
Contact Lenny (646)385-4227
109 West 57th St.
Between Ave. of the Americas & 7th Ave.
N, Q, or R Train to 57 St – 7th Ave.
Contact: Dennis Lee (347) 712-1684
118 Fulton St.
Between Dutch St. & Nassau St.
A or C Train to Fulton St.
Contact: Justice Favor (347) 498-4101
124 W 34 Street
Between Broadway & 7 Avenue
M Train to 34 Street – Herald Sq. Station
Contact: Sebastian (917) 494-5449
G & M Realty
22-44 Jackson Ave.
Between 46th Ave. & 23rd St.
7 Train to Court Sq. or E Train to Court Sq. – 23rd St.
Contact: Mike Vatter (347) 658-2826
971 Southen Blvd
Between E 163 Street & Aldus St.
6 Train to Hunts Point Ave.
Contact Anthony Williamson (646) 265-5675
935 Flatbush Ave
Between Church Ave. & Snyder Ave.
B or 2 Train to Church Ave
Contact: Sophia Johnson (347) 266-1930
Members of Local 79 must complete one day of mandatory participation each year. Members can fulfill this requirement in any of the following ways:
Spend a day at a participation location
Attend five participation locations at lunchtime
- Take part in one of the following Local-79 approved activities:
- A political action
- A civic project with other Local 79 volunteers
- A special rally
7:00 am is the typical start time for all participation locations
Participation Location Hotline: 212-465-7957
In addition to these activities, we encourage members to do the following:
- Take the RISE (Regional Initiatives for Strategic Education) Foundation course at the Training Fund. This class educates members about the history and economics of the construction industry, union organizing, and helps them in understanding some of the tactics Local 79 employs. Sign up by calling: 347-712-1684
- Take the second level RISE Builder course, a more advanced course in community organizing, at the Training Fund. Sign up by calling: 347-712-1684
- Participate in Political Action phone banking, local political meetings, and other activities. For more information, call: 212-452-9500.
For more information about ways in which you can get involved and for general questions, call 212-465-7956.